I was at the local surplus store, and picked up a few O-rings to play with. I’ve beaded with rubber gaskets (which I published as a Beadwork article), and seeing these reminded me of other artists who have beaded using rubber; Leslie Rogalski comes to mind. The part of this that I found most frustrating was the bail. I tried using the hex 8s for square stitch, but they wouldn’t lay nicely, and the bail was too stiff. So I got out another bead for the bail, ones that will line up in rows like good little beads.
I also added another French language blog to the blogroll, check out Bénédicte, if you’d like. (1/09 – Bénédicte’s blog appears to be down)